Thursday, January 26, 2012

Herbal Quotes

“Much virtue in herbs, little in men.”
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) Poor Richard's Almanac

“The garden is the poor man's apothecary.”
-  German Proverb

“Botany and medicine came down the ages hand in hand until
the seventeenth century; then both arts became scientific, their
ways parted, and no new herbals were compiled.   The botanical
books ignored the medicinal properties of plants and the
medical books contained no plant lore.”

-   Hilda Leyel

Would You Marry Me?
"According to old wives' tales, borage was sometimes
smuggled into the drink of prospective husbands
to give them the courage to propose marriage."

-  Mary Campbell, A Basket of Herbs

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing people promote the benefits of the use of herbs. And I love these quotes! :) I have my own etsy shop where I sell herbal teas. I would love for you to check it out :)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sapphyrebalestra?ref=si_shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sapphyre, thank you for stopping by to read and enjoy! I just added your etsy shop to my favorites. Lovely! Keep up the beautiful and peaceful work. ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I can't understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please
    Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and Im on the search for such information.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete